This year, Natural Origins Lifestyle® is the official supplier of the Run In Lyon by Harmonie Mutuelle event to accompany athletes during this sporting event. Natural Origins Lifestyle® develops natural plant-based products, offering consumers a high-performance supplementation with uncompromising composition and quality.
Natural Origins: a local company, partner and sponsor of sporting events
Our company is a committed brand historically established in the Rhône Alpes region, which has previously been involved in sporting events. Indeed, it is for example one of the privileged sponsors of the Sud Raids which include the Sud Raid Adventure Race, the Sud Raid Blanc and the Sud Raid Experience.
A new partnership between Natural Origins and the Run In Lyon by Harmonie Mutuelle has been created to support the ASO (1) organisation during this sporting event. Our company in fact participates in this local race by putting forward efficient botanical solutions to meet runners’ needs. This October 22 Rhône-Alpes sporting event with its 4 different racing formats will enable to discover the city of lights based on the various accessible-to-all proposed racing routes.
Actions for commitment for the Run in Lyon event: accompany athletes with healthy, natural and environmentally-friendly solutions
As an official supplier, Natural Origins is responsible for providing "hydration" supplies on the run course and "recovery" supplies at the end of the race. Prior to the race, communication will be made to encourage athletes to discover, consume and adopt Natural Origins Lifestyle® products in their physical training routine. As such, our Natural Origins brand booth will be present in the event village for two days at Place Bellecour. Participants will be able to discover our drinks and taste them before starting the Run In Lyon 5km, 10km, half-marathon or marathon races.
Runners, attached to their well-being, take care of their health while seeking to increase their performance. Our natural and organic solutions therefore respond to a balanced, plant-based and functional diet that is an integral part of an active and healthy lifestyle.
Natural Origins is committed to well-being and shares its know-how by providing participants with exclusive nutritional products. The Run In Lyon event is an opportunity for Natural Origins to share common values around sports, health and respect for nature.
Development and innovations of our Sports Nutrition product range
Natural Origins has launched two powdered drinks to be reconstituted specially developed for runners to meet their performance, hydration and recovery expectations during endurance activities.
- An acerola and ginseng based isotonic/energy drink.
- A hydratation/recovery drink, rich in vitamin C, minerals and Baobab prebiotic fibres.
These ingredients contain excellent levels of natural vitamins and minerals, which are essential components for maintaining performance:
- Acerola, for example, is a superfruit that contains up to 30 times more vitamin C than an orange and helps reduce fatigue (2).
- Ginseng is a botanical with actives that fight against the production of free radicals (3). Its natural antioxydants promote recovery after exercise (4). Based on its tonic and stimulating properties, ginseng also helps to improve physical performance (5).
- The Baobab, another superfruit, has in addition to its antioxidant properties, an extraordinary nutritional richness in vitamins and minerals (6). This is why Natural Origins has created the Baobab workout, a powder ready to dilute in water, ideal during and after exercise, especially for its energy intake (106 kcal per drink).
All these formulations are practical solutions, easy to carry around thanks to the nomadic 30g single-dose sachet format. Our energising and tasty products also meet the taste and health expectations of sportsmen and women, who are demanding consumers and concerned about their lifestyle.
According to the Sion (7) group study, the global sports nutrition market is growing at a phenomenal rate and is expected to reach USD 21.98 billion by 2028. As explained in a report by Mordorintelligence, the European market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% between 2022 and 2027 (8). Sports nutrition products, once considered as a niche category designed for athletes, have gained in popularity with amateur consumers and are becoming more common with an easy-to-use format.
The partnership between Natural Origins and Run In Lyon by Harmonie Mutuelle, a nationally renowned race with a definite impact, promises to be fruitful for both parties, as well as for the event's participants. Based on coming innovations, with our new drinks targeting different objectives and consumption moments, we can envisage other potential collaborations. Natural Origins Lifestyle® intends to pursue its mission in Sports Nutrition: to provide the best possible support to athletes wishing to combine effort, efficiency and pleasure based on naturalness in an adapted and ready to use format.
Please feel free to contact us.
To see our entire product range, check out our online catalogue available 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK.
(2) USDA. Food Composition Databases. Dec 2018
(3) L. D’angelo and al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study on the effect of a standardized ginseng extract on psychomotor performance in healthy volunteers. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. April–May 1986; 16(1):15-22.
(4) I. Forgo and A.M Kirchdorfer. The effect of different ginsenoside concentrations on physical work capacity. Notabene Medicine. 1982; 12:721-727.
(5) BENSAADA, Amina, BOUDJEMLA, Hadjira, DJEGHRI, Anissa, et al. Les vertus therapeutiques de ginseng. 2009. Thèse de doctorat. université de jijel.
(6) ZAHRA’U, B., MOHAMMED, A. S., GHAZALI, H. M., et al. Baobab tree (Adansonia digitata L) parts: nutrition, applications in food and uses in ethno-medicine–a review. Ann Nutr Disord & Ther, 2014, vol. 1, no 3, p. 1011.